Thinking to buy D600, but...

Started Jan 13, 2013 | Questions thread
antoineb
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,100Gear list
Like?
Nikon do not comment on such issues except with customers
In reply to leerob, Jan 14, 2013

leerob wrote:

I called Nikon today and a woman told me that Nikon is aware of this issue with D600 and that they are working to remedy it. She said that issue is sporadic and not tied to any serial numbers, but it will be non existent in a few months or at least less likely to occur.

On the basis of this conversation I'll wait.

Hey sorry, I have a hard time believing this:  you can't pick up your phone and call Nikon and have them happily comment about a potential issue which even some serious review sites (such as DPreview) have complained about, but Nikon still haven't made any official statement about.

The only two credible scenarios are where:

- you are a D600 customer and have an actual complaint under warranty.  In which case you'll receive support, including sensor cleaning, while the warranty lasts (serious review sites have suggested that the self-pollution issues abates after about 3'000 shots).  This doesn't apply to you because you have explained that you do not own one but are only considering its purchase

- you are a representative of a large dealer, or of a well-regarded review site or magazine.  You haven't indicated that you belong to either category

antoineb's gear list:antoineb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Olympus TG-610 Nikon D7000 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow