T4i to 6D

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
James Cricket
Regular MemberPosts: 134
Like?
Re: T4i to 6D
In reply to fjmNYC, Jan 14, 2013

I have both. I just take pics of my kids so I really don't need anything too fancy. Also struggling with the decision on cameras. 6D better at low light but I nearly always use bounce flash anyways so it's somewhat moot for me. I also have not had any problems with the T4i low light and found it impressive. I was using a 17-55 2.8 on the T4i and figured I had spent over $1800 on that, might as well spend $8-900 more on full frame. I like using a 50mm lens and not having to get far back as I do with a crop camera. Picture quality, yeah it's noticeable. But I don't feel it's THAT noticeable because I upload it all to the web to share with grandparents and family. But then again, it is noticeable on the screen and will be better served to have the highest quality stuff for future use. My oldest daughter has pics when she was a baby and they're good for 10 years ago but not so good now.

Assess your needs and uses and decide that way.  Nobody in my family can tell the difference without seriously zooming in on them. But then again, they're iPhone shooters who think that's as good as any ol digital camera. 

For me, I'm leaning 6D because I'm OCD. I don't think I'll ever be completely happy no matter the camera, lens, or image quality anyways.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
noNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow