Hiking with my T3i...Question on ruggedness.

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ammac12
Regular MemberPosts: 205
Like?
Hiking with my T3i...Question on ruggedness.
Jan 14, 2013

I have a planned hiking trip into Glacier this July.  On past trips, I packed my camera in a backpack.  Every time I wanted to take some pics, off came the backpack and out came the camera.  This seems like a waste of time, not to mention that spontaneous pic opportunities can be lost in the time it takes to remove the camera.

My plan is to hook the camera strap to  a clip on the shoulder strap of my backpack.  I tested it out in the living room this weekend and everything appears to function.  I will have to deal with a swinging camera, but am willing to work around that.  My question is whether or not the camera strap attachment points - the little metal rods on the camera body - will withstand the abuse/all day weight/pounding of each step?

An alterante idea is to have my camera mounted on my monopod the whole time, but that might not be practical either.  Any other suggestions or experience hiking with your camera is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow