Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kwtse
Regular MemberPosts: 308Gear list
Like?
Suggested feature in the next firmware update for NEX-7 cameras
Jan 14, 2013

I had made a suggestion for the next firmware update to Sony through suggestionbox.com. I am not sure whether Sony would receive it. So I repeat it here.

==============

It is my experience and many that the Control Dials L/R and Control Wheel can be easily turned unintentionally. Sony provides a "Lock/Unlock" function of Navigation Button to solve this problem. Problem is that the L/R Control dials and Control Wheel are used quite frequently (e.g. Dial R for exposure compensation) and therefore it is inconvenient to unlock unlock them each time for adjustment.

I would like to suggest the addition of a new programmable functionality to the Navigation Button: two-key-operation.

In this mode, one has to press the Navigation button and at the same time turn the Control Dials L/R and Control Wheel in order to change settings; otherwise these dials and Control Wheel are by default locked.

The advantage is that this Two-Key-Operation function can be used conveniently with one-hand manipulation: the index finger pressing the Navigation Button and the thumb turning the Control Dials and the Control Wheel. This would allow convenient adjustment of settings such as ISO, exposure compensation while avoiding unintentional turning of the Control Dials L/R and Control Wheel.

Then the Navigation Button would have 2 programmable functions: Lock and Two-Key-operation.

MENU → [Setup] → [Dial/Wheel Lock]

MENU → [Setup] → [Two-Key]

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow