X100: Insect Market, Part I

Started Jan 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Part III
In reply to rattymouse, Jan 14, 2013

Here's another set from this photo shoot.  These images were shot on film using my Fujifilm GA645 medium format camera.  The film used was Ilford Delta 3200 film.  I never shot such high speed film before (not that I can remember anyway) so I didnt know what to expect.  Happily, the grain is not destructive to these images and they came out well.  Even more surprising was that out of the 32 shots that I took (two rolls of film) in this low light environment NOT ONE single image was out of focus.  Not one.   A VERY stark contrast to my X100 images, where about 40% of my images were blurred due to lack of focus.  Amazing how a 15 year old camera can absolutely smoke a modern digital.  The Fuji GA645 has an infra red focus system that allows the camera to focus on people in virtually total darkness.

A shame I cut the bug off here.  Lousy parallax.

The vendor here is causing all the insects to make their chirping/singing sound to attract customers.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow