Who Else would like to see a separate 1D/s/x forum?

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,638Gear list
Like?
Re: Who Else would like to see a separate 1D/s/x forum?
In reply to schmegg, Jan 14, 2013

schmegg wrote:

cageyfella wrote:

absolutely!...having to trawl through pages of irrelevant posts makes me not bother coming to dpreview at all..

And yet here you are!

Come on folks - all you need do is type 1Dx in the search box at the top of the forum ... and presto!

It couldn't be simpler!

I may have already mentioned this before , but even for 5/6 series users, the topics are littered with many off-topic subjects like lenses and monitors and so forth as if being a specific owner of a body endows one with special knowledge of monitors. With so many off-topic threads, it makes it time consuming to scan the list for relevant topics. I can't imagine having to scan this same list of topics looking for 1 series topics. Why ask the 1 series folks to do that?

Plus, there's the tendency for knuckleheads who don't own said seires feeling empowered to comment inanely on subjects they have no idea about simply because they own a camera with the same size sensor.

If DPR stubbornly insists on commingling the forum, maybe they could install filters in the members' profiles or at the forum header that would filter out everything but topics on specific bodies. This would require pretty accuarte tagging though.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
whyNew
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow