My GH3 EVF - a new observation and opinion

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
sea_dragon
Contributing MemberPosts: 582Gear list
Like?
Re: My GH3 EVF - a new observation and opinion
In reply to Marco Cinnirella, Jan 14, 2013

It will be interesting to see, say in a couple of months, if suddenly the EVF looks much better to my eyes on then current GH3s.  If so, it will be quite evident that Panasonic changed something.  At that point, I will raise a fuss with them.  So far, the 6 ones I've seen in Toronto and Mississauga have exactly the same EVF performance.

I should say that I also noticed similar performance and smudging with some other cameras I looked at (G5, NEX-7) to some extent.

I believe it comes down to the design of the magnifier coupled with one's eyesight.  One's eye must be centered perfectly and very close to the glass/plastic magnifier and will smudge at the slightest deviated from that small sweet spot.

I haven't noticed any major color problems with the EVF.  I would say that reds do appear more as orange, but that doesn't really bother me as much as the optical distortion or smudging does.

sea_dragon's gear list:sea_dragon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow