What System Meets My Many Needs?

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
hval OP
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Re: Do you know anything about photography ?
In reply to AlbertInFrance, Jan 14, 2013

The Kibble Palace is beautiful and a pleasure to go around. the other greenhouses have also been renovated, but not to the same standard, unfortunately.

I am after one camera due to the following: -

1/ When I travel I do all the types of photography I have listed. I travel with one carry on bag so need something light. A lot of places I travel to I will never get to visit again so want good quality photographs and video.

2/ When I travel there are often places where I may only charge up one item due to the fact that there is only one or two power sockets (if I am lucky) and power is only available a few hours a day.

3/ When going to an airshow, or for a hike I don't want to be carrying two camera systems.

4/ My wife is embarrassed when I go to events with a rucksack full of cameras and lenses. She likes it when I go with a small discrete bag. I don't get paid for my photography, but often get asked to take photos by friends, family and aquaintances.

5/ Living in Glasgow I need a robust weather resistant camera due to the continuous rain and the fact we very, very rarely get any sun.

You may be right about the lack of skills with a flash, but that comes around from the fact I don't like using one and now lack the practice at using one. I wasn't always this way about using a flash.

hval's gear list:hval's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX500 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow