My GH3 EVF - a new observation and opinion

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marco Cinnirella
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,324Gear list
Like?
Re: My GH3 EVF - a new observation and opinion
In reply to ryan2007, Jan 14, 2013

ryan2007 wrote:

Their was never anything wrong with the GH-3 viewfinder.

I hear more complaints about the Olympus OMD.

You needed to add to the first sentence "in my opinion"

Otherwise you are suggesting that those reporting issues, like myself, are just making the whole thing up, which is a rather obnoxious attitude to be taking.

I have MANY EVF cameras - sony SLT a57, Panasonic GX1 with LVF2, Panasonic GH1, Panasonic G5. I have no problems with the EVFs in those cameras at all - in fact, I have never had a problem with any camera EVF.

...that is, until I got my first batch UK stock GH3 - my viewfinder is not all that clear even with diopter corretion properly adjusted, and easily smudges with the slightest tilt of the head or movement of the camera against my face. Something is wrong somewhere, given that I have all those other EVF cameras and not one of them has given me similar problems. Are you saying I am a liar?

Now I am not claiming that all or even a lot of GH3s have these issues, but from reading DPR and other forums, and even some camera review site reviews, it is clear I am not the only one who has experienced these issues.

It could be a combination of my eyesight deficiencies and the unique panel and optics in the GH3 viewfinder, BUT, why do I not experience these problems with any of my MANY other EVF cameras?

I am afraid I am beginning to believe the rumours that some of the first UK/European batch of GH3s had bad EVFs - note I say SOME. It may be the panel, it may be the viewfinder optics.

What is annoying is that Panasonic UK refuse point blank to admit there is any issue and will not comment on the suggestion that they quietly changed EVF manufacturer.

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony SLT-A57 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow