Started Jan 12, 2013 | Questions thread
hindesite
Senior MemberPosts: 1,254
Like?
Re: M42 screw mount adaptor
In reply to dontfret, Jan 14, 2013

dontfret wrote:

hindesite wrote:

The Rainbow Imaging adapter may not the the correct one for your lenses.

The are several things to watch for.

Some adapters have no step inside the m42 thread. These will work with lenses that are fully manual (usually have a preset ring adjacent to the aperture ring) or with lenses which have a switch that switches the lens from "auto" to "manual" if you can set the switch to manual.

Many adapters have a ledge or flange inside the m42 thread, this depresses the pin that actuates the aperture on some lenses. If your lenses are auto, have the pin to close the aperture and do not have a switch, you will need one of these adapters.

Some lenses (some Takumar, for example) have additional pins and other features on the rear surface of the mount, and if the internal flange is too wide, it may interfere with the operation of the lens or prevent it seating and achieving infinity focus.

From my previous posting:

I bought the rainbowimaging adapter on Amazon for ~ $10 USD to use my legacy M42 lenses (from my Pentax Spotmatic days) on my G5 ... The adapter has a small internal ledge that depresses the diaphragm pin in auto lenses.

Yep, saw that.

Your point?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow