Canon S100 - Photography in Japan

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
A Japanese Dream
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon S100 - Photography in Japan
In reply to Mike604, Jan 14, 2013

Mike604 wrote:

Wonderful images. Do you mind sharing some of your work flow with these images?

Thank you!  Of course I can share my flow.

Basically I just walk or bike around and if I see something interesting or different from my home in Canada I take around 3 different shots of it from different angles.  I shoot in raw+jpeg at wide screen resolution.  Once I get home I batch the images through an action I created in Photoshop which resizes them to be 1600x900 (my desktop resolution) as well as putting a white frame around the image and adding my watermark for my blog in the bottom right.

For night photos I find raw to be invaluable and find myself constantly adjusting highlight,  shadow, and clarity to achieve a more detailed image appearance and eliminating the hot spots where lights are overblown from long exposures.

I will soon start playing with exposure bracketing and image blending to get a more balanced light setup for night photos and hopefully eliminate some flare effects along the way.

I have played with focus bracketing and could BARELY see any difference so I decided that the feature is completely useless to me.  I wish the s100 could have different lenses however I'm extremely happy with the camera regardless

-- hide signature --

- Dave

A Japanese Dream's gear list:A Japanese Dream's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow