D5200 now available in NZ, checked one out today.

Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Raymond Cho
Senior MemberPosts: 1,085Gear list
Like?
Re: D5200 now available in NZ, checked one out today.
In reply to Shunda77, Jan 14, 2013

I've over new equipment.  I used to print the new Nikon brochures out but not anymore, it the D80, D90, D200 etc ... I got a new D70 in 2004 and still have it.  I made a silly purchase in 2009 for a 6yr old D2h and picked it up in palmy ... hardly use the thing, was lured by the 8fps that I never use.  The thing is more older stuff in NZ is actually cheaper on auction sites than eBay in the states.  Couldn't sell even if I could .....

My D70 can still do decent A4 and A3s at lowish ISOs which is all I use, not into wildlife, sports, street photography.   If one breaks I may get a newer camera about it.

I have seen the images on here with the super duper 70-200mm on the D3x but I just don't see much difference on my D70 when I had the 80-200/2.8, I sold that lens b/c if I was less than 5m away the image wasn't sharp but the check came back within spec.

Raymond Cho's gear list:Raymond Cho's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow