Jessops - a sad day, smell the coffee people.

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Malcolm Turner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,300Gear list
Like?
Re: Jessops - a sad day, smell the coffee people.
In reply to Art Jacks, Jan 13, 2013

I've said many times in the past that I disagree with people who go into their local camera shop, use their facilities and stock then go home to buy of the 'net at £10 cheaper. I'm sorry to see Jessops go - staff at my local store (Belfast) were knowledgeable and helpful. I bought my CZ 16-80 there. There had been many comparisons in the Sony forums between the Sony 16-105 and the CZ - I was able to try both and chose the CZ. Last year (well, 2011 actually - I'll get used to 2013 soon) I went in to have a look at the then brand new A77 and its SLT- mainly to prove to myself that I didn't like it. I took one look through the viewfinder and bought it on the spot. I presume we'll now see a rise in people buying a product online, trying it out for a few days and then returning it - and then eithe the retailer sells it again as "new" (dishonest - and I wouldn't buy from anywhere that did that) or the rest of us have to pay higher prices for the retailer's loss on the product.

Malcolm Turner's gear list:Malcolm Turner's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony SLT-A77
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow