Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Car629
Contributing MemberPosts: 647
Like?
Re: Just another stitched cliche!
In reply to R2D2, Jan 13, 2013

R2D2 wrote:

Nice job. Beautiful photo.

Now tell us how you shot it, what you shot it with, and what you did in Post.

R2

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment.
http://www.pbase.com/jekyll_and_hyde/galleries

Hi R2,

It was shot with my Canon 1100d using the 55-250 canon lens also I used a tripod to keep the camera steady and on the same line.

I set the lens to manual focus, f20, Exposure Time 1/8 sec, ISO 100 and -1 Exposure Step (and a 30 second timer to try and eliminate camera shake). I was exposing for the sky.

This is the first time I shot photographs to deliberately join them together as a panorama. I use an old version of Paint Shop Pro but I found it difficult to work out how to stitch photographs together, so I dug out a Photoshop Elements cd which had Photomerge as part of the programme. The cd came free with a photography magazine about 2 years ago which I had the fortitude not to throw away. I originally added 4 photographs to the programme but they did not stitch very well and you could see where they joined, so I dropped it down to 2 and cropped it slightly producing what you see here. There is only mild PP on the sky the photographs are pretty much how they came out the camera.

I would like some more detail in the foreground and I think I need to either purchase a graduated neutral density filter or learn to expose for the sky and the foreground separately and merge the two together. Will have a go at it the next time and see how it works out.

I think thats all the info

Carol

ps. Now you can tell me what I should or should not have done!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow