Can Sigma 35/1.4 also trouble the waters for Nikon 24/1.4?

Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Emil Varadi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,016Gear list
Like?
Re: Can Sigma 35/1.4 also trouble the waters for Nikon 24/1.4?
In reply to YRUNVS, Jan 13, 2013

YRUNVS wrote:

You mention that you shoot many of your shots at 24mm FL equivalent and that's the widest you can currently go (assuming you don't have any UWA's). With that being the case I wonder if renting a UWA zoom would make sense once you go full frame, as you could potentially be served by something wider. Especially at the asking price of Nikon's 24 I would want to make sure that this was a FL which fit me well.

I have the 12-24 DX, formerly my top lens, but since I got the 16-85VR it's not getting much use, the VR is so much more practical for everyday shooting. I also have the 35/1.8 DX, a nice and popular lens, but again its rarely used because of the 16-85.

I would love for Sigma to release some of their Art range of lenses in wider FoV, but don't want to spend my time waiting on lenses which may or may not materialize.

Quite true. But given the tremendous success of their 35/1.4, I would expect them to make this move probably sooner than later.

Emil Varadi's gear list:Emil Varadi's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Nikon D300 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow