My GH3 EVF - a new observation and opinion

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nikcan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,295Gear list
Like?
Re: My GH3 EVF - a new observation and opinion
In reply to Alband, Jan 13, 2013

Alband wrote:

I got my GH3 December 13., and my fiirst impression of the viewfinder after adjusting the diopter was: " Wow, - this is better than the GH2 ! ".

The picture in the viewfinder seems to be a little smaller compared to both GH1 and GH2, but sharpness, contrast and color is considerably better, - in my opinion.

The central, magnifying part of the diopter also appears to be a little smaller in GH3 compared to preceding GH cameras, and this may cause the modest degree of distortion that occurs when the eye is off-center in the viewfinder. I did not experience this as a problem, - adaption didn't take long. I use reading glasses (+ 2.50), by the way.

-- hide signature --

Bralte

My two pennies  in the subject, I have had the GH3 a month now, and wear bifocals. Today as it was not raining in the UK for a change so I went to a local park and fitted the 100-300 mm lens on the GH3 to primary take bird pictures on the lake. A while later I got out my GH2 to take a few landscape shots with an old 14-45mm and boy what a difference the viewfinder was.

The GH3 viewfinder was much better and I was surprised as I have had the GH2 for nearly two years. The corners are sharper, the viewfinder has better clarity and colour. I am 66 years old and have just booked an eye test after two years of having my glasses.

Best Regards Mike.
http://michaelgoodes.blogspot.com/
http://ekim.zenfolio.com
'Live every day as if it was your last, one day it will be'.

Nikcan's gear list:Nikcan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow