Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
c.hammett
Forum ProPosts: 11,509Gear list
Like?
Using CS5 after CS6 is installed
Jan 13, 2013

Wil I still be able to use CS5 after I install CS6 ? I would like to finish some images I've started editing in CS5 and don't want to have to deal with the learning curve of CS6 right now.

I seem to remember that after I installed CS5 several years ago , if I clicked on CS3 which I had been using, it automatically opened CS5, and I had to do something to make it revert back to older CS3 when I wanted to "use the familiar". I don't remember exactly what I had to do to be able to use CS3.

FWIW... I'm on a Mac still using 10.6.8, and plan to upgrade to Mountain Lion this spring, but reluctant to do that till I finish some work on the images I've started  editing and printing in CS5.  I understand that 10.6.8 supports CS6, but probably best to wait till I install Mountain Lion ??

Not sure this makes sense to you guys who are totally literate in all this, but I'm a slow change artist when it comes to new technology, and like to be able to go backwards if I need to !

Thanks for any info !

carolyn

-- hide signature --

Ranger a.k.a chammett
http://www.pbase.com/chammett
'elegance is simplicity'

c.hammett's gear list:c.hammett's gear list
Canon EOS 100D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow