Help with Nikon Coolscan V ED

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Questions thread
iMatt
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Re: Help with Nikon Coolscan V ED
In reply to TonyGamble, Jan 13, 2013

TonyGamble wrote:

"you and I are in perfect agreement re: after-market inks and DIY profiling. Welcome to the club. I guarantee you won't be sorry!"

Robert. Thanks. A thread is running about the merits of moving from the 2400 to the 3880. Someone had admitted that one would usually be hard pressed to see any difference in the results. My gut feeling is that one can probably get bigger differences by clever use of paper, ink and profiles.

". Even as difficult as it is, scanning film with a quality dedicated film scanner has got to be the best possible way (from a speed point of view) to do it."
Matt. Don't overlook my suggestion about getting two film holders. You'll find that fitting film into them is not a one second job. Whilst one is chuntering through your set of six negs you can use some of the time to load a second holder. You'll still probably have time left for the paperback book I recommended - but it'll last you longer before you need to start a new one!!

Tony

Good advice, thanks Tony.

Matt

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow