Epson 3880 - which utilities to run when first setting up printer?

Started Aug 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
dperez
Regular MemberPosts: 235
Like?
Re: There's an internal optical sensor
In reply to Petruska, Jan 13, 2013

I think, as some others in here have recommended, if it's not broken, don't mess with it.  I've gotta do some fiddly prints with a lot of detail to see if things look right, and if they do I think I'll just leave the thing alone...

I am, however, interested in some kind of script or whatever for windows that would enable the printer to periodically do a nozzle check...

ALSO, and this one may be more important - do I leave it ON or turn it OFF when it's covered and not in use? I've read in here topics that advocate BOTH leaving it on and turning it off.

I ask because in the packaging for the printer was a sheet that said they made a modification that AUTOMATICALLY turns the printer off after an adjustable interval. Based on that, am I safe in presuming I should let the printer turn off automatically?  when it turns back on won't it go through a turn-on head cleaning every time?

And last (at least until I come up with some other dumb, newby question), I've read in here that people put a dish with a wet sponge under the cover to keep the 3880 from clogging in the winter when the humidity is low.  BUT, when I talked to the Epson repair place THEY said they've had 3880s and other units come in with RUST on moving parts because of people keeping the humidity high.  So, which way should I go?

I wouldn't be concerned about the last two questions except that the 2880 was supposed to be off when not in use and it gobbled ink and clogged every time it was turned on.  So, I'm trying to give myself the best chance at not having problems with this new printer...

thanks for continuing your thoughts...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow