Selling nex 7 for rx1?

Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
viztyger
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,261Gear list
Like?
Yes, Sold NEX-7 for RX1
In reply to Alphabart, Jan 13, 2013

I replaced the NEX-7 with an RX1, and the output from the FF sensor is in a whole different league. I hung on to the Zeiss E 24/1.8 until I had a clearer idea how the RX1's lens performed. I don't have the NEX-7 for comparison shots anymore, but from examining similar photos I get the impression that the RX1's lens is sharper: it's a really top notch lens.

So I will also sell the E 24/1.8, but I may pick up a cheap NEX-5N to complement the RX1. I'll use this to shoot ultra wide and moderate tele shots. Most of the time, the RX1's 35mm suit me just fine, but occasionally I need a wider range of focal lengths.

As to the FF NEX-9, I doubt that the overall kit including a prime can ever be as compact as the fully integrated design of the RX1. If that's important to you.

Alphabart wrote:

Ok think of the following:

Now you have the Nex-7
You swap it for the RX-1
Sony announces the NEX-9 FF

Would you wan't to swap your RX-1 back for a NEX-9? If so, think hard because you won;t sell the RX-1 that fast. Better stick with your 7 this year and only buy the rx-1 if you have the money with out selling your Nex-7 stuff
Atleast, that is what I would do

-- hide signature --
 viztyger's gear list:viztyger's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha 7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow