My GH3 EVF - a new observation and opinion

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Serenoa
Forum MemberPosts: 75Gear list
Like?
Re: My GH3 EVF - a new observation and opinion
In reply to Rod Baakkonen, Jan 13, 2013

My GH3 is about a week old, and I have upgraded from the G2 which I used for about 2 years.

I have extremely poor close vision (prescription more than +5 and other adjustments).  What I like about both the G2 and now the GH3 is that I can adjust the EVF diopter to the extreme and use the EVF without my glasses.  I need the glasses on to use the larger monitor panel.

I primarily shoot using the EVF because it looks clearer to me and easier to focus.

That said, I was concerned before my GH3 arrived last week, after reading all the posts about the blurring problems. Thankfully, it is not a problem for me and I am very happy with the camera.

My EVF is perfectly clear to me (with the diopter adjusted to max) and the only way I can even get any kind of blur on the display is if I cant/tilt my head towards the side (so that my eye is no longer parallel to the EVF).  But at that point, part of the screen is blackened out on the opposite side, so it is not anything I would ever be tempted to do.

I think the problem is only visible if you do not have the camera appropriately held up to your eye. I have the top of the rubber EVF surround resting on my brow bone on the top of my eye.

Serenoa's gear list:Serenoa's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow