France is a haven of peace and quiet.

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
lol101
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,061Gear list
Like?
Re: France is a haven of peace and quiet.
In reply to lanef, Jan 13, 2013

lanef wrote:

The problem is you don’t know if they have their sympathisers on your soil.

We know they have sympathizers on our soil but why should we care?

Either our internal services are doing their job well and these guys are under surveillance, which should mean that if they try to get into the action, they'll be visiting our jails pretty soon, or they were able to get under the radar and they will have to come out and make themselves known. Either way, France has bee targeted by Muslim fundamentalists since the 1990's so it's nothing really new. The risk has always been there.

I support our intervention in Mali but strongly hopes that other African countries (it's their continent and they have to police it) and the UN will get involved.

Our hostages in the area are at a great risk however, good luck and Godspeed to our special forces.

On a side noter, I have visited Mali 3 times but never wen farther north than Mopti. Beautiful country populated by nice people, I am sure the overwhelming majority would like to see AQMI and their friends kicked out.

lol101's gear list:lol101's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 1000D Samsung NX1000 Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow