Help with Nikon Coolscan V ED

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Questions thread
iMatt
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Re: Help with Nikon Coolscan V ED
In reply to rpenmanparker, Jan 13, 2013

Thanks Robert.  I must admit that until I started looking into what might be wrong with my scanner I hadn't appreciated just how good it is considered to be.  I bought it new what must be around 8yrs ago - but just never go around to using it. Back then it cost me about £450 if memory serves.  These days they seem to sell for twice that second hand!  I am going to try to find somewhere to have it checked.  I read somewhere that Nikon will no longer service them, but as I only started using the scaner on Friday I have not personally contacted Nikon and will certainly do that.  Also, there do seem to be people offerinng scanning services using very similar scanners (the coolscan 5000 for example) so these people must either have the expertise to service them or know someone who does - so I have emailed one of these services to see if I can get any advice.

Given I have what is a very good scanner, and given there is some chance it is just the feeder that is the problem and I am going to persevere for a little while.  You can imagin how it goes - you spend a couple of frustrating hours trying to get the thing to scan and end up wanting to sling it out the back door, then a few hours later when you have chilled you think, well lets not be so hasty.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow