Help with Nikon Coolscan V ED

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Questions thread
iMatt
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Re: Help with Nikon Coolscan V ED
In reply to TonyGamble, Jan 13, 2013

Camera option is an interesting one Tony so thank you for the suggestion.  I am looking to scan old photos that I will then have compiles into  photo books (or the odd slides show).  So I don't think I need fantastic quality particularly - photos will be almost exclusively of family and friends and will be much more about content (memories) than quality.  That said I would naturally like to get decent quality if reasonably pracitical.

I have managed to find an FH-3 film holder which I have ordered.  This is a much simpler thing which doesn't have the motors and sensors of the SA-21 feeder.  I will be more fiddler and will need to scan one at a time, but it seems worth a try.  And I will try and find somewhere to have my SA-21 "looked at".

Thanks again for the suggestion, I do have a pretty nice macro lens (Olympus 60mm for my OMD) and hand been planning to get a light box for some macro photography when time allows.  So your suggestion is something I could certainly try.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow