Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
liquid stereo
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,110Gear list
Like?
when did they bring PDAF?
In reply to BillyInya, Jan 13, 2013

BillyInya wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

.....Possible? Or just an example of how clueless FUJIFILM USA reps are? I mean, has ANY camera company launched 7 lenses in a single year? Why does this not seem ridiculous to the FUJIFILM reps?

I would not be so harsh on them. I mean, do you know them personally? No. So labeling them as "clueless" is just negative fantasy talk on your behalf again.

Just because no other company has launched 7 lenses in a year doesn't mean Fuji can't. No other company can do the X-Trans but Fuji did. Fujifilm was the first manufacturer to bring on-chip PDAF to market, leaving Sony and others in their wake. But Sony and others didn't take long to follow Fuji's lead.

Seven lenses in one year is certainly possible in my opinion for Fujifilm. Fujifilm have made a very healthy global profit at a time when mostly all others are struggling with losses. As a global conglomerate Fuji have the money for this sort of thing whereas if you take Sony for example, I would be the first to say no way in the world would they be capable of delivering seven new lenses in a year when they are busy trying to manage massive losses.

I guess time will tell.

Sony's NEX-6 has it.

liquid stereo's gear list:liquid stereo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow