Re: Where to buy 6d in the uk
In reply to birdbrain, Jan 13, 2013

birdbrain wrote:

Mais78 wrote:

birdbrain wrote:

Mais78 wrote:

birdbrain wrote:

Mais78 wrote:

Hdew and flashcamera sell grey imports (to verify this ask them if you can join canon cashback offer, if not it is not uk stock). If you are fine with grey imports as I am (they are identical products) then i would say go for Panamoz, i bought the 6d for under 1200 pounds, way less than the other two.

if you want uk stock then go for Amazon, or the other names suggested.

If you are talking about Flash Camera who are based in Scotland, then you are completely wrong and publishing misleading information. I bought a 5D3 from Flash Camera and Canon UK repaired the light leak issue under warranty. To receive a warranty repair I had to send them a copy of my receipt from Flash Camera which they accepted without question. If this had been a 'grey' import Canon would not have carried out any warranty repair.

-- hide signature --

Phil
I wondered why the ball kept getting bigger, then it hit me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/philthebirdbrain/

Their website says:

Is there a warranty included with my purchase?

Yes!

Canon products have a 1 year Canon USA warranty valid in all of Europe with UK invoice provideNth & Olympus products have a 1 year worldwide warranty.

Panasonic, Pentax & Sony products are all warranted by ourselves for 1 year from date of purchase.

I am not 100% sure but if they sold UK stock you would get a UK warranty. The fact that Canon UK accepts a USA warranty is a different matter.

To be 100% sure, like I said, you need to call them and ask if you can benefit from the Canon UK cashback offer, if the answer is NO then it is grey imports.

Well having had a 5D3 from Flash Camera repaired under warranty by Canon UK using a copy of the Flash Camera receipt then they are not grey imports or Canon would not honour the warranty. Which at the end of the day is the important thing. So sorry no apology as the items from Flash Camera are covered under the Canon warranty.

-- hide signature --

Phil

You are confused but it is fine anyway

Hm I think the shoe is on the other foot.

The fact that the US warranty is accepted by Canon UK does not mean that they are not grey imports. I think all the others got it, don't need your apology. It takes balls also to say "sorry I am wrong". Flashcamera itself has never denied they are grey imports.

As I said all I needed to send to Canon was my UK receipt from Flash Camera I sent no warranty. Which by the way is exactly the same if you bought the item from Wex, Jessops or Amazon and dealt with Canon UK repair they informed me.

But if you are happy paying hundreds of pounds more for your equipment they go ahead and spend it. I know of many, many happy canon owners in the UK who buy their equipment from Flash Camera and enjoy the savings. Perhaps you are very rich or you like wasting money I don't know. Or perhaps you are disgruntled as you found out about Flash Camera too late and you could have saved yourself a considerable sum of money. Whatever it is you seem determined to paint Flash Camera as being the villain. So no point in continuing with this debate.

-- hide signature --

Phil

Birdbrain...Nomen Omen

If you bothered reading my posts...I wrote that I have no issue with grey imports, I bought my grey import 6D from Panamoz and I paid £1190, hardly a waste of money, I doubt anyone in this country paid less than that. I have no issue with Flashcamera but you are just misleading when you say they don't sell grey imports, they do. If I buy a grey import I want to pay grey import prices, not just UK retail minus £100 pounds.

Regards

M

Mais78's gear list:Mais78's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow