Simple question:

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Joerg V
Contributing MemberPosts: 580Gear list
Like?
Re: Simple question:
In reply to Richard Franiec, Jan 13, 2013
Would you buy Foveon sensor implemented into Canon 5DMkIII (or if you like Nikon D800) and if not, why?

No.

If you compare the current output of the Foveon sensor with the one in the D800, it would be a downgrade (albeit a small one) to equip a D800 body with a Foveon sensor.

I bought my D800 due to the small supremacy of the sensor. Although I welcome the other features (high iso, customisability, horizont, large selection of lenses, build like a tank, long lasting batteries, object tracking, etc.), I would have chosen a DP1M if iso-200 would be free of banding and the lens would not show an amount of CA that I consider unacceptable.

I think that Sigmas move to high quality compact cameras with a fixed lens was the right one. That's a niche where the Foveon sensor can prove its strength.

Joerg

Joerg V's gear list:Joerg V's gear list
Sigma DP1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow