More Legacy Lens Talk!

Started Dec 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
cxsparc
Senior MemberPosts: 1,368
Like?
Re: Canon FD zooms
In reply to Michael Everett, Jan 13, 2013

FD Zooms: The 80-200/4 is slightly better than the 70-210/4. The vaiable aperture 70-210 are trash. You can see some examples in my blog on Turkey.

To the OP: Using the search feature for Canon FD would yield lots of info to you.

Personally, I have the FD 50/1.4 and it is a great lens. But the SEL50/1.8 has AF and more important, OSS, so that incredibly many pictures are still very sharp. Haven't used the FD 1.4 fo a long time.

Now that the 35/1.8 with OSS is available I would reommend to try it since the wider focal length is more versatile indoors.

The FD 35/2.8 is dirt cheap and one of the sharpest lenses of the FD program wide open.

And if you are unsure about the focal length, it allows you experimenting without investing a lot of money.

Currently I use these lenses in order of frequncy: SEL50, FD 35/2.8, kit lens, FD 80-200/4.

On my blog there is a comparison test showing the performance of these and other lenses (just to lazy to search for the link).

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow