Q + D FA 100WR Water Drops on a cd (7 images)

Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul Panetta
Regular MemberPosts: 325Gear list
Like?
Q + D FA 100WR Water Drops on a cd (7 images)
Jan 13, 2013

I used the Q + my Pentax D FA 100 WR to take some macros of a water drop on a cd with the light from my Android phone (either the flash or screen light) or a flashlight as the light source. I basically moved the light over the cd to get the various effects.  There are 3 different water drops all up.

All were taken with a 2 second exposure as this is the longest time I can get using a generic adapter, possibly the Pentax branded K to Q adapter may allow for longer shutter times if it has an inbuilt shutter as this seems to be a prequesite for longer times (please correct if I am wrong).

I found it a little difficult to get exact focus.  I was using the 4x enlargement option and I turned of Focus Peaking as it just seemed to create a lot of snow all over the screen.

Aperture I guess was somewhere between f4 and about f8.  I had the camera mounted on a tripod and used my Pentax remote (normally used with my K5).

Post processed in Capture One Pro 6.  No cropping, just sharpening, exposure adjustments and clarity.

I guess it's really just a bit of fun.

Regards,

Paul P.

Paul Panetta's gear list:Paul Panetta's gear list
Pentax Optio A20 Ricoh Caplio G3 Ricoh Caplio GX100 Pentax K-x Samsung NX100 +3 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow