Hello/Thank You and your opinions please!

Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RobbP
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Hello/Thank You and your opinions please!
Jan 13, 2013

Hi,

I recently got back into (D)SLR photography after a 10 year absence. I used to shoot Olympus, but I went with Sony now as Oly had nothing that really interested me. I do like how both Sony and Oly are a little different from the big two!  Anyway,  I got an A57 with the kit lens, and then based on reading mostly this forum got the following lenses: Minolta 50 mm 1.7, Minolta 100 mm macro, Minolta 100-300 APO. I also got the Minolta 3600 flash. Got to love eBay!  I appreciate the info and willingness to share on this forum!

I want to get into infrared photography, and here is where I wanted some of your feedback/wisdom.

I am leaning towards getting a second/used body and having it converted to IR at a place like Spencer's.

Option 1: convert my new A57 to full spectrum, then use filters on lens.

Option 2: get a used older alpha and convert to IR only.

If you like option 2, a follow up question. For similar money, would you get an A33/35/55, which uses the same SD card, but a different battery, or go with something like the A500/550 which would let me use the same battery and SD card as my A57?

Thanks so much!

Rob

Sony Alpha DSLR-A500 Sony SLT-A33 Sony SLT-A35 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow