FF vs DX

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
YRUNVS
Regular MemberPosts: 251Gear list
Like?
Re: FF vs DX
In reply to kpaschall, Jan 13, 2013

I recently got a D600 b/c the bundle deal proved more temptation than I could withstand. My biggest reason for moving to full frame was improved IQ in low light situations. In that regard I am wholly satisfied. My DX camera is a d5100 and I was and remain fully satisfied with its performance with decent light. When shooting during the day the deciding factor for me is whether I want more reach with the DX, or wider field of view (widest lens at the moment is Tamron 17-35 2.8-4). Both are able to deliver the goods during the day, I'd be giving up 50% resolution but the D600 can give me decent DX comparable results (10MP is more than enough for my purposes if I do my part), but in low light the D600 is significantly better.  I don't have experience with low light sports, but in outings with my friends the ISO stays in the 5 digit range, and the D600 holds up much better in these circumstances. 

ISO 18102, 1/100th, f/1.8

YRUNVS's gear list:YRUNVS's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D5100 Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CostNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow