Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
alan e jones
Regular MemberPosts: 134Gear list
Like?
Re: 70-300 L
In reply to WilbaW, Jan 13, 2013

WilbaW wrote:

flipSideC247 wrote:

Alan how does the Kenko teleconverter works for you with your 5d2 ? How's the auto focus, I heard that it's slow and the aperture will now be F8.

On a 60D, it's not that it's slower to focus, it's whether it can focus or not. With the centre point it either does or it doesn't. When it does it's okay, and when it doesn't there's not much you can do except try different targets. I find it can "always" focus with the outer ("f/5.6") AF points.

Hi yes its F8 at the 300mm end where you would use it

Autofocus on the 5d2 at F8 is pretty good with centre point (all i ever use) i'm very happy with it

like you it will miss on some occasions and you find something else to focus on nearby at the same distance

works fine bearing in mind its a compromise...i am not unhappy with IQ (even having sold my

400 F5.6 L because of weight issues and usage) losses and gains of course the big gain is IS at 670 mm on the crop sensor..a good compromise cosidering how often i used the 400 F5.6L

regards

Alan

650 D with 300mm F5.6 L +kenko DGX pro 1.4x t/c

alan e jones's gear list:alan e jones's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow