Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dwightt
Junior MemberPosts: 43Gear list
Like?
Throw away ink
Jan 13, 2013

I print on my Epson 4000s and 7600s as a hobby, not to make any money. I enjoy being able to print large copies of my astronomy photos. However the cost of the ink has made me switch to the Cone ink system with refillable cartridges. I received the kit today and before installing them in my system I took apart the empty 110 and 220 carts I had saved to see how much ink was left over in an empty cart.

I found that I had 25 to 30ml of ink left in the 110ml carts.  Into the refillable carts the ink went.  I also saw that I had around 30 to 40ml of ink left in the 220ml carts.  The most I had was 55ml of ink in an empty 220ml cart.  That is a lot, half of an 110ml cart. ‚Äč I had enough throw away Cyan ink to fill my new cart.

So, if you are on a budget or not making money printing, save your "empty" cartridges and collect the ink and use the refillable ones.

Dwight

dwightt's gear list:dwightt's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 350D Nikon D200 Canon EOS 500D Canon EOS 550D +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow