Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tomhongkong
Senior MemberPosts: 2,319
Like?
Is the (f)uji X20 a (f)antom?
Jan 13, 2013

We have all been wowed about the specs of the new X20 (well most of us, I think there are a few folks on this forum who would either never admit to being wowed about anything Fuji, and just enjoy posting against each other)

Now that CES is over, I am worried that no-one seems to have had any hands on experience of it.  Is it just a straw man and an empty box (maybe with a viewfinder on it)?  (Maybe the HS50 is a mock up as well...see another post on its zoom creep, but at least the X100S seems to take photos) All the shots in the Fuji X20 image gallery are pretty sorry things which don't tell us much and most if not all are at iso200.  There is no independant confirmation of the focus speed (please tell me if you have found one)

We are told March for availability in the shops (a couple of weeks it was February).  Is that reasonable for something which doesn't exist yet (so far as I can see)? When do you think something will surface?

I have a nearly new X10 that I can return next week.  So far really I like it and it works well within its limitations, and I am getting used to its foibles (but it would be much better if it told you in the OVF that it's not going to get a proper shot, like the X20 is going to perhaps??)  and focused a bit better. I can just about get my head round getting the best out of EXR.  Would you send it back?

What do you think?

thanks

tom

Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow