Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ara1
Regular MemberPosts: 112
Like?
How a 5N photo inspired a short story
Jan 13, 2013

Hi fellow NEXers. Last February I took a photograph of a leaf being pushed by a lake's current. After sitting with this photo a bit, I've come to see a connection with a person being pushed and pulled by life, and I wrote a story about it.

The NEX-5N was set to auto. The wind was watering my eyes very badly and all I could do was verify a good focus. (Thanks to the touch screen to magnify a particular spot in the shot). After that, basic composition took over--keeping the verticals true, and anticipating the flow of water.

The 5N has become my partner in photoshoots. I trust it to make decisions, sometimes only a few decisions, but sometimes, like with this picture, I trust it with nearly everything.

It's fun to show a 5x7 or 8x10 print of this shot. I have them rigid-mounted and displayed on stands in my office. People discuss it, ponder it, ask questions etc. What's amazing is everyone is warm and time is stopped--- so different from what was going on in the live action.

Here's the picture. I wrote the associated story the past few days, finishing it today. I hope you enjoy both.

Story-- fiction, 1928 words:

http://theliterateshow.wordpress.com/2013/01/12/war-is-sometimes-the-answer/

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow