Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CosmoZooo
Regular MemberPosts: 452
Like?
Lumix GX1 and they call this live view?
Jan 13, 2013

I am playing around with a Lumix GX-1. I've had an NEX-6 for a month recently and wanted to experience a different mirrorless camera and because Costco had GX1 well...

I will do another thread on my perception of the two but what I am really confused about on the GX1 is Live View. This IMO is one of the big advantages of the mirrorless cameras especially for beginners like me - being able to see what exposure, DOF etc. one is getting before I start pulling the trigger.

On NEX-6 that is exactly what I had...if the exposure was insufficient I saw a dark image on the screen or EVF and knew I had to adjust something (ISO, shutter, f.stop etc.). On GX1 the stupid thing is flashing settings showing me that my exposure is not there but the image on LCD looks bright and well exposed. Then I snap a photo and bam it's dark - underexposed.

What exactly am I missing here...what kind of live view is it if I am not seeing my true exposure live. Am I missing some setting, I've looked through the menus and see nothing even remotely reminiscent of live view...but maybe it's just me...or is it?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow