Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sea_dragon
Contributing MemberPosts: 654Gear list
Like?
My GH3 EVF - a new observation and opinion
Jan 12, 2013

Sorry, I started a new thread because there are already quite a few and I didn't know which one to post a reply to.

I just thought of something that hadn't occurred to me before. Have someone with known good vision to look at my GH3.

My wife has 20/20 vision and I just asked her to look closely into the GH3 viewfinder. I showed her how to adjust the diopter to the point where the image was sharp for her (obviously different than my setting).

Anyway, I asked her to specifically have a look around the viewfinder and tell me if the image is sharp. She told me that everything was tack sharp. She looked into the center and then each corner and said that there was no distortion or anything "strange" looking. I questioned her again to ensure that she was indeed seeing a good, sharp image. She replied, that she saw nothing wrong and everything looked very sharp.  She said if she moved her eye off center, the other side would "smudge".  But with her eye centered, it was fine.

So, I think I can conclude that, at least in MY case and with my copy of the GH3, the faults that I see in the EVF are due to MY vision impairments.  That, plus the apparent small "sweet spot" of the EVF.  I wear glasses and also have astigmatism. I suppose short of having laser eye surgery, I'll NEVER see the EVF as clearly as someone with good eyes.

Just wanted to mention this for what its worth.

sea_dragon's gear list:sea_dragon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow