tips on vacation photo

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Questions thread
FuzzyQball
Senior MemberPosts: 1,328Gear list
Like?
Re: tips on vacation photo
In reply to dumokun80, Jan 12, 2013

Yep you will need go higher on the Fstop. Don't go too high, or your shot will begin to degrade due to refraction. It's tought to get good pics with remote because you can't see the screen. Also you are trying to ha e two subjects in one picture. Is it a picture of you, or the location? If your background is something that is not to far from you, then things will work fine, but if it is mountains way in tha background, then there is going to be a focus issue. F11 should work for you. My old SLR camera was manual fuocus, and it had the DOF shown on the lens based on aperture shown. I would just pick my Fstop, set the camera at the hyper focal distant and snap away. I am just not sure what the NEX camera does, but one would hope it would default to the hyperfocal distance when it senses a infinate focal distance  and if it happens to catch you and you are more than 5 feet back, then all should be in focus as well.

Has anyone confirmd how the Nex works when it focuses at something far away? It seems to pick the hyperfocal to me. With my old SLR you could push the lens right to infinity, but then you would lose a bunch of DOF.

So, I would put the camera in A mode, use F11, and and give it a try.

-- hide signature --

Glenn

FuzzyQball's gear list:FuzzyQball's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow