Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
semorg
Contributing MemberPosts: 940
Like?
Re: For jogger
In reply to joger, Jan 12, 2013

joger wrote:

semorg wrote:

Joger this one was done with nikon 14-24 so I'm posting it. From the angle of view you can see the lens was tilted upward but look how straight the buildings are. Plus the image is sharp from corner to corner. I have images where the camera is even closer to the buildings but need to find them on my hard drive

thx for posting - that's an very good example of what I mean - technically and not artistically. In fact I really like the sujet - just a bit darker and less sepia and it is what I really like.

I've tried to analyse the image and get the straight lines - the arrows illustrate to which side the vertical lines are tilted - the circles indicate perpendicular lines - all red lines are 90°

It's these deviations that I try to avoid - maybe this is nitpicking.

I am sure you can rework the image until everything is perfect but would I personally want to invest that much time - ahm - no.

And I am sure there are great panorama stitched images out - I am fully aware that with good craftsmanship you can do amazing stuff with PTGui!

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

Quite honestly, I didn't spend that much time, pretty much eyeballed it. But I still content that on the corners a 17 or 24 tse will give you much more distortion than if you stitched it.

-- hide signature --

search engine for photographers:
http://www.f8daily.com/search

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow