Anyone been to Cosa Rica?

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
JiminDenver
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,159Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone been to Cosa Rica?
In reply to Craig from Nevada, Jan 12, 2013

Great post Craig, thank you.

I think I need to change some of the plans that I can. Honey just pointed at a web site and I got to make it happen. No mention of the fact that it takes 2-4 hours to get from the airport to resort. We went all over the Yucatan with nothing more than a map I couldn't read so I figured I could do it there with a GPS. Now I think it'll be better to spend a night on each end in San Jose and arrange travel. At least we would travel during the day and see things.

Thank you also for the gear recommendations. I didn't even think of a poncho. We saw lots of rain but have usually had heavy coats on at the time.

I know I carry a lot of gear but there is usually not much time to change lenses and if I've been on my feet for very long, I'm too tired to take off the pack and change the lens anyways. I will have the E 5 with the long set up and the E 3 will have either the 7-14 or more importantly macro. I just can't go there and leave that gear home. The 35mm, FL 20 and ring of foam doesn't add much to the bag , the results however make for a very happy bug whisperer. Most of the time I can carry the two cameras and not the bag.

I may have more questions as I research and prepare. I have a whole two weeks! lol

JimB
Bug Whisperer
Join us in The Weekly Close up every weekend

JiminDenver's gear list:JiminDenver's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-3 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow