Brian wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

Brian wrote:

vadimraskin wrote:

rjjr wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

rjjr wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

Is an AR-15 a military grade assault rifle?

No.

Maybe not used by the US army, but if it is not for military use, why is it called assault rifle?

It's not actually an assault rifle, it just looks like one, but the words "assault rifle" grabs headlines and is a favorite scare tactic term of anti-gunners. One crucial element missing from the AR-15 is the selective fire capability of the millitary M-16 and it's military derivatives.

It might an assault rifle in the strict military sense but when you use it against an civilian population it becomes one all right. We can disect differences with a magifying glass and I am sure you are correct in your statements but the truth of the matter is the same: there is a huge difference between a hand gun and this weapon as far as appearance, its appeal to the phycos with a dream of "going out with the BANG" and its effectiveness in achieving this dream.

You ignore the facts. most mass killings have not been committed with this type of gun. banning it will not reduce the number of mass killings as there are plenty of other just as effective if not more effective weapons out there.

http://www.nycrimecommission.org/initiative1-shootings.php

Adam Lanza
Bushmaster .223-caliber assault rifle equipped with a 30-round large capacity ammunition magazine.

James Holmes
AR-15-type assault rifle equipped with a 100-round drum large capacity ammunition magazine, a 12-gauge Remington Model 870 pump shotgun.

Arturo Reyes Torres
Chinese-made AK-47-type 7.62mm semiautomatic assault rifle and five 30-round large capacity ammunition magazines. Torres legally purchased the rifle on April 30, 1988, from B&B Gun Sales in Orange County, CA.

Dean Allen Mellberg
Chinese-made Mak-90 semiautomatic assault rifle equipped with a 75-round drum large capacity ammunition magazine. He purchased the assault rifle on June 15, 1994, five days before the shooting, and the following day purchased 80 rounds of 7.62x39mm ammunition and a 75-round drum large capacity ammunition magazine.

Eduardo Sencion
AK-47 type assault rifle equipped with a 30-round large capacity ammunition magazine.

Robert Hawkins
WASR-10 semiautomatic assault rifle and two 30-round large capacity ammunition magazines.

Chai Vang
SKS 7.62mm semiautomatic assault rifle equipped with a 20-round large capacity ammunition magazine.

Michael McDermott,
AK-47-type semiautomatic assault rifle, unknown make and model 12-gauge shotgun, unknown make and model .32-caliber semiautomatic pistol, and 60-round large capacity ammunition magazine.

Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold
Savage Springfield 67H 12-gauge pump-action shotgun, Savage Stevens 311D 12-gauge sawed-off shotgun, Hi-Point 995 9mm semiautomatic rifle

Robert Hawkins
WASR-10 semiautomatic assault rifle and two 30-round large capacity ammunition magazines.

James Edward Pough
Universal M1 .30-caliber semiautomatic assault rifle

Joseph Wesbecker
Chinese-made AK-47-type semiautomatic assault rifle

Patrick Purdy
Chinese-made AK-47-type semiautomatic assault rifle

All seemed to be obtained legally.

-- hide signature --

Australia, home forever.
Freedom without discipline is chaos.

There have been a lot more mass killing than these. plus these don't define what weapon was actually used and it's effectiveness.

-- hide signature --

Brian

He often posts ignorance. Take the Aurora shooter. He DID have a semi-automatic rifle, but it jamned. Almost all of those shot by Homes were shot with a pistols.

The Virginia tech shooter? The man who has the all time record for American mass killings? All done with a pistol.

Now I don't recognise the names he's posted. With the names and the incidents, might as well print the name "Juan Cornona," who killed 23 people with knives and a baseball bat.

Dave

Those details are not from me but from Citizens Crime Commission. 13 cases have been listed above, now prove that only pistols were used and not the assault rifles listed.

Essentially, you post a list of names, and now you ​demand​ that I back up your post?

Surely you're kidding? And this is especially true when I debunked the names I ​DID​ recognize, proving your link false.

Dave

I drew reference to the Citizens Crime Commission of New York City.  Isn't it the city where you live.
If you have doubt, you should contact them instead of calling me names.

-- hide signature --

Australia, home forever.
Freedom without discipline is chaos.

aus4ever's gear list:aus4ever's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow