Anyone been to Cosa Rica?

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,181Gear list
Like?
Travelling to Cosa Rica?
In reply to JiminDenver, Jan 12, 2013

Ask Tim Davis, aka Timskiis. He's been to Costa Rica with his Olympus gear. I got an email from him last week. He's still lurking around the forum. He's posted in the last month. Do a search and send him an email or PM. Or PM me with your email and I'll connect you two.

As for humidity and lens fog, you have to be carefull about getting your camera cool in an air conditioned room and then taking it out into the warm tropical air. Try putting it in a plastic zip lock bag or tight plastic box until it warms up. Use something that allows it to warm up without getting damp. Once it's at the ambient temp you can take it out.

Security in Costa Rica is an issue. Don't show off your camera gear. Use an old backpack or beat up trunk to carry it around in. A Pelican box is great for protecting it from moisture and damage. But disguise it with stickers or something to make it look old?Try packing the accessories that won't be stolen in your checked bag. There's less to carry and you can fit all the expensive lenses into your carry on.

Have fun.

-- hide signature --

Dave
No thought exists without an image. Socrates
http://whaleshark.smugmug.com

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow