What System Meets My Many Needs?

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
hval
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
Re: What System Meets My Many Needs?
In reply to nelsonal, Jan 12, 2013

Nelsonal,

The Leica M system (particularly the M240 due to video function) does attract me for the reasons of small size and weight of both the camera and lenses, plus the fact that the camera is robust, isn't full of loads of buttons and features I won't use and I like the look of Leica images. Also, the M240 would let me use Leica R lenses zoom ones, and longer focal lengths). Unfortunately it will probably be out of my price bracket, plus I wear glasses, which seems to be a deterrent for many. I do not fear manual focus (I still have my Canon T90 which I loved using) either. I do worry about macro photography, wildlife and aviation though with a rangefinder. Sometimes, getting up close to crocodiles is not the best option   .The Leica M9 menu system is simple and the options available are just right for me.

The Nikon D600 attracts me due to its reasonably compact size, plus the fact it lets me control the camera. The D800 attracts me as well. The size and weight do put me off. A lot of the time when I travel I have an 8kg to 12kg baggage limit. That includes my clothes. I don't travel as often as I used to so that is not the most important factor.

So, the functionality of the D600/ D800 in a Leica Body and with Leica lenses, plus zoom lenses would be perfect.

hval's gear list:hval's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX500 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow