ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Escape
Regular MemberPosts: 340Gear list
Like?
D5200 lens dilemma
Jan 12, 2013

Hello,

I currently have a D40 with 18-55mm (non-VR) lens and 55-300mm VR lens.

Most likely I'll be buying the D5200 at some point this year and my head is spinning in terms of which all-around lens to get for it, without breaking the bank. If I buy the body alone, I'm considering one of these:

- Nikon 16-85

- Tamron 17-50 f/2.8

- Sigma 17-50 f/2.8

Alternatively, the cheapest option would be to buy the bundle D5200 with the 18-105mm lens.

Most of my shooting is vacation photos... people, landscapes, mostly in good lighting, but sometimes I do moving/actions shots, so I could benefit from a faster lens, too.

I've read a bunch of reviews on all of them, and there really isn't consensus out there that I can find. Any suggestions/pointers to help me make the right decision?  Are there any other lenses in similar price range that I should be looking at instead?  Not looking at primes, just low-mid zooms.

Thanks,

Pete

Escape's gear list:Escape's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM | C
Nikon D40 Nikon D5200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow