Epson 3880 - which utilities to run when first setting up printer?

Started Aug 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
GMack
Senior MemberPosts: 2,928
Like?
Re: Epson 3880 - which utilities to run when first setting up printer?
In reply to DavidF, Jan 12, 2013

Mine spit out some page with two tightly-spaced faint grey vertical lines when I first got it.  I had to select #1 as they appeared tied together and not spaced apart under a strong magnifier.  I had to set that number in the printer's LCD menu as I recall.

I think there are two different nozzle checks?  Maybe one off the printers LCD menu, and the second off the computer software's?  I seem to recall mine did not look anything at all like the books nozzle check for the 3880.  The one I had looked more like a checkerboard pattern than the staggered color check pattern often seen.

Epson should have made the start-up procedure a little easier to follow, imho.  Maybe a lot less "dark blue shipping" tape too, and some of it in not-so-hard-to-get-out-of-the-cranny places too.

Nice printer.  Not too crazy over their insanely high OEM ink prices though.  The platen height setting is often confusing too where Canon 9000 doesn't have that.

Mack

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow