ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dheorl
Senior MemberPosts: 2,602Gear list
Like?
Prime Based Kit?
Jan 12, 2013

Hey everyone,

I've already posted a very similar question in the FF Nikon forum but seeing as I'm not currently tied to either brand I figured I would ask the advice of the guys who use FF canon cameras as well. I might end up buying either brand but that will be decided later.

Atm my camera kit is a m4/3 based kit. Over in lilliput alot of people are adopting the use of prime only kits, due to the extra size and weight savings, and possibly because it just seems fitting with all the retro looking cameras, tbh I don't really know.

I've been wondering about getting a full frame camera for some time now though and was curious as to whether anyone used a FF camera with a so called "holy trinity" of prime lenses, I guess in this case the 24, 50 and 85 f1.4 lenses would seem like the logical choices, or maybe 135 dependng on how long you like your protrait lens. It doesn't seem like it would have quite the weight savings in comparison with the zooms that you get with m4/3 cameras, but would definately make best use of the shallow DoF avaliable with FF cameras.

Any thoughts on the matter would be welcome. I'm starting to wonder about the idea of giving a prime based system a go, I just can't decide which system.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow