XZ2 as primary camera

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Pasmia
Contributing MemberPosts: 527Gear list
Like?
Re: XZ2 as primary camera
In reply to Aaron Sur, Jan 12, 2013

This is actually my biggest concern.  With post processing my G3, I find it rather limiting to lift shadows anymore than a full stop without using excessive local NR applications.  I think by going down to an even smaller sensor, I'll be limiting myself to a hard 1 stop MAX of shadow lifting, if even that.  I also wonder about how much highlight recovery I'll be giving up as well.

As for printing large, canvas posters can be very forgiving.

And lastly, for shallow DoF, I'm sort of over the whole obliterated backgrounds and bokehlicious bokeh balls.  If I find myself wanting more subject isolation in an image, I have no problems applying it in post.  I know this may be against purist who believe in getting a lot of things right OOC, but I rather enjoy digital applications and tinkering with photoshop.  I may be the minority here, but I've used PS for years before using a camera.

Anyways, I appreciate everyone's thoughts on the matter.  I'm currently looking at epl5 as well.  If I go this route, I'll swap out my 25/1.4 with the 20/1.7.  Maybe get a couple of conversion lenses for my 14/2.5 to cover my wide angle and macro needs....

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow