Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
rkeller
Senior MemberPosts: 1,066
Like?
Re: Magazine cover with OM-D
In reply to chris24net, Jan 12, 2013

chris24net wrote:

Thanks everyone.

Yes, they were lit. The cover was lit using an Elinchrom Quadra in a 24in softbox. My assistant was holding it over my head. The highlights on his shoulders, etc. are from the sun behind him. The second shot was just the FL-300R on camera. I just wanted a little pop on him to make him stand out a bit.

As far as processing, I did my normal post work in LR.

Congrats!

That first shot really works! The second one, unfortunately, is a good demonstration of the limitations of  on-camera flash.

-- hide signature --

"If you simplify your English, you are freed from the worst follies of orthodoxy. You cannot speak any of the necessary dialects, and when you make a stupid remark its stupidity will be obvious, even to yourself." - George Orwell "Politics and the English Language"
"Unfortunately, in digital photography a lot of people are seeing pixels, not photographs ... Everyone together now: it's not the pixels. Sing it with me." - Thom Hogan
"If you pick up a camera with any sort of serious intent, you will at least occasionally need to use a flash. Done deal. Lock solid, Take it to the bank." - Joe McNally

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow