Forge ahead with the N7 or make the move to the N6?

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
halbraun
Regular MemberPosts: 253Gear list
Like?
Forge ahead with the N7 or make the move to the N6?
Jan 12, 2013

I have a NEX 7 that I can trade in at the local camera store.. and can get the NEX 6 ($764 for body only..  $899 with the 16-50 kit lens).

That means body for body I would only go out of pocket $50 -75..  or about $200 if I want the lens because I bought the NEX 7 used for $750.

I already have the Sigma 19mm 2.8, Sony 35mm 1.8, and Sony 55-210 so I am not sure I would need the 16-55 kit lens but would like any feedback either way there too..

Looking for feedback from those who have either made the switch (or didn't) and why?

I use the camera mostly for travel, family, grab and go, etc. when I don't want to break out the A77.  I cannot ever seeing myself printing large prints (bigger than 8.5X11) unless God smiled on me and I got lucky on a one in a million shot.. 

I am familiar with a lot of the arguments around if you are buy a NEX new today that the 6 would probably be the choice.. but if you already have the 7, does that still hold up?

Thanks for your input..

halbraun's gear list:halbraun's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha 7 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Voigtlander 40mm F1.4 Nokton Classic +2 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow