Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JiminDenver
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,159Gear list
Like?
Anyone been to Cosa Rica?
Jan 12, 2013

We need a break from the cold and have decided to taker a trip to Costa Rica and stay a week at the La Foresta Nature resort situated in side of the Manuel Antonio National Park. It looks as there will be many bugs, birds and other critters to shoot, so I might even have something for the WCU when I get back.

http://laforestanatureresort.com/

Has anyone been to the area and have advce? I know the humidty was so bad for the few hours we were in Panama that I couldn't get a shot off.

My gear will be as follows

E5, E 3, 50-200, 7-14, 50mm, 35mm, EC 20, EC 1.4, ring flash, FRF and a FL50r and a mono pod. I'm still considering the 12-60 and FE but have to watch the weight as my 50 year old back doesn't exactly like long periods of stress and other things have to go in the back pack like chargers, batteries, a netbook, etc.

Any advice as to safety, renting a car/ GPS, shooting at night in the rain forest, whatever will be appreciated.

-- hide signature --

JimB
Bug Whisperer
Join us in The Weekly Close up every weekend

JiminDenver's gear list:JiminDenver's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-3 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +15 more
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow